Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 9:16:49 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He stood at the monument with no helmet to hide his face nor modulator to mask his voice. There is no grand plan to hide his identity, nor was there a need to. There was nobody who could recognize a new body, carved and mechanized in the crucible of war. Dynergy was potential unmasked.

"Lenore."

Her voice is a curse that few recognize. Her time in this chapter of history ended years ago, with her bones buried beneath the earth and their memories imprinted upon the soil.

"How would you feel about the way the world has changed? It's hardly been a year, and I can't help but suspect that time has passed me by."

He can hear her footsteps behind him. The childish shuffle, marred by pain and misery. It's the walk of an older person, even though the child that carries that gait cannot process the weight of war. How could she? Howard barely could.

"Tell me, Eris." He turned to face her as she walked up to pay her respects to the departed. "Do you know where your mother is buried?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,208 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 9:34:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","eris102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Memorials that etch countless names are never a welcome sight in her eyes. The sacrifices that are often recorded on these monuments are ones that should've been avoided. Should have, if fate had given them the chance.[break][break]

Light as she may be, the gloom that surrounds this place - that man - will run her deeper and deeper into the ground.[break][break]

"She burned up in the fire." Her fingers squeeze light at discoloured skin. Old burns have been replaced with a fresh layer of new ones. "There was no body to bury. Not even bones."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]dewford
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 16:30:39 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The historian had left nothing behind but ash and cooked meat and blackened bones. In exchange for chronicling yesterday, she had not been allowed to persist into tomorrow.

But her daughter had.

"That's a terrible way to go." A cigarette was lit, dangling from his mouth and allowing smoke to trail into the sky. It was one of his worst habits, and one Eris had told him to abandon dozens of times. Yet it was his only relaxant in a job that demanded the world. "I'm sorry, Little Lady. She was a wonderful woman."

She was mottled with layers of wounds. Her body wasn't meant to handle this strain. Neither was Howard's, but this strain was expected from him.

An exhale sent more smoke flying to the heavens.

"Where is it?" The admin blinked once. "Mesprit."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,208 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 16:45:08 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"Protected me from ." She was more than a wonderful woman. She was a beloved mother that never once wavered for her child's sake. "She protected me till the very end."[break][break]

Thus she stands here today, bearing the cruel weight of that love. Her eye falls upon the flickering flame, the unsightly smoke that no doubt kills him from within.[break][break]

"Don't know. They come and go as they please."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2024 17:51:58 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Is that so?" It was clear that he didn't believe her. "I don't see a Pichu with you, but I don't doubt that something capable of binding a god can hide in other ways. That is the fantastic nature of myth."

Even now, he still admired that pink sprite. In their eleventh hour, it had teleported him and to safety after the war with Kyurem.

Shred. Blackened flesh. Lenore. Blackened bone.

The talk of fire was thick in the air today.

"When I was on the cusp of seizing Regirock, I felt my mind still. Everything became... right. For a moment. I felt at ease. Happy, almost. An island of lucidity in a sea of fear. When I threw that statue, I knew it would land. Even if it broke my body to throw it."

There's no reason for him to tell her this, but he suspected that she of all people would understand. That moment had been perfect, but the discontent had been growing over the past month.

There was no joy to Regirock's seizure. No applause to laud it joining humanity. Maybe that was because humanity had never seized it after all. He had to act on this suspicion before he changed his mind.

"Call it."

BINGO: CHANGE
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,208 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 1:04:51 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]The sensation he describes is beyond familiar. It is one that she had willed simply for the fact that she believed him capable of righting the wrong.[break][break]

Once upon a time, she may have listened to his request, called out to Mesprit and watched as the two got into some kind of argument like they always did at the table.[break][break]

"I can't." Her skin prickles. The visage of a friend flickers in and out of the man that stands before her.[break][break]

We have to leave.[break]
We still have time.
[break]

She can't leave. The answers she wants are well within her reach.[break][break]

"Why do you need them?"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]change
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 1:52:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Because I need to ask it something." His eye flashed. "I need to know if I'm still me."

The wind caused his jacket to flutter, revealing two Pokeballs at his belt. A foreboding presence emanated from both, radiating remarkable power. He regarded them for a moment, before unclipping them from his body and tossing his belt behind him. It clattered against the monument.

"If you can betray me and chain me in a shroud of red, you can do this for me." He spread his arms. "Nothing to protect me. Call it."

BINGO: PROTECT
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,208 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 2:52:40 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Her eyes linger on the pokeballs that he tosses behind him. She can feel it, their thrumming hearts.[break][break]

If she can betray him and chain him in a shroud of red, she can betray him further and rip whatever's left.[break][break]

Howard may control the Regis, but he is ultimately still a puppet to Rocket's grand show. If she takes them, the League won't get mad at her for letting such an opportunity slip them by. If she does, many lives will be saved. All it takes is grabbing those pokeballs and running. It doesn't even matter if she dies trying.[break][break]

All it takes is throwing Howard under the bus.
[break]

Her gaze lowers, stinging with yet another tonne of guilt that will haunt her in the days to come.[break][break]

"Mes."[break][break]

Her voice shivers in the shadow of his victims, each one condemning her as her tears stain the proof of their demise. In the end, she is not a hero. She is an ugly, irredeemable monster that would sacrifice the whole world for this one man.[break][break]

The flutter of pink is tainted by a lonely blue, an incandescent yellow showered upon the one who called. Then, flicks to the one who asked. There is no chirp to greet, no mischievous little tricks to pick at his snacks. No pleasure to be taken in meeting the one who had destroyed it all.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 8:28:45 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard Slayte knew Eris Halla better than most. He knew about the innocence of childhood and the weight that it put on those aware of its purity.

Humanity was incapable of shouldering the innocence of childhood.

"I knew you would come." His gaze lingered on Mesprit's ruby, its brilliance shining in salt-kissed wind as waves crashed against a distant shoreline. It could not help but approach in its attempt to understand the maelstrom of emotions swirling, yet unsaid. "Being of Emotion."

His coat flapped in the wind. The two Pokeballs sat by the monument, dormant. Yet the admin was bound to them in blood.

"You could not help but heed the call of one suffering from the domain that you command." His eye flicked from the sprite to Eris. "Just how you couldn't help but meddle in my struggle against Regirock."

His fist clenched.

"I'm furious."

BINGO: RUBY
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,208 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 9:55:29 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Despite time ever flowing, Mesprit's ruby is riddled with cracks that whisper of endless failures. Another of which stands right before their very eyes.[break][break]

The man speaks of anger. He is anger wrapped in human skin. All for a moment that he thought should've been his.[break][break]

He is right. They shouldn't have meddled and frankly, they had no interest in doing so. They are silent, their attention dipping from the source of hostility to the girl that trembles at his words. They can hear her breath, feel those words that have all but caught in her throat.[break][break]

And they sigh, unable to help her with this problem she so faces.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2024 19:55:33 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'm furious that this happened. Why did you help me? I was going to succeed! I could do it! I know I could! And yet..."

He clenched a fist, furious. He didn't know if it was Mesprit's doing, but his emotions were bubbling and boiling in turmoil. Were his emotions even his own in this precise moment?

Did it matter?

In exchange for being born with control over the concept of emotion, Mesprit had never been allowed the freedom to express its own opinions besides rambunctious tantrums before meeting the child that watched Howard rage. It was incapable of functioning as an emotionally vindictive god.

A god was meant to rage with greater intensity. A god was designed to love with greater passion. A god was designed to cower in theatrical proportions.

But a Being of Emotion cannot be allowed to be blinded by the field it holds sway over. Thus Mesprit could never be allowed to understand the human heart, and it had bonded to someone that had never held control over her own emotions or logic to begin with. It was a cycle of tragedy.

"I was never given the chance to succeed."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,208 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2024 0:31:51 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Still he rages. In enduring her silence, they are met with words that should never have been directed towards them. Patience is what they provide the child, but it is not promised.[break][break]

Neither is the emotions that Howard is so blessed to possess to this very day.[break][break]

Where he clenches his fist, they barely need to raise a hand. Piece by piece, they can and will strip him of his heart -[break][break]

"No, don't-"[break][break]

Why is it that she only dares to speak up when things start to spiral? Is keeping quiet her plan to succeed and survive through any situation until it becomes too late? They stop, loosing the hold they attempt to possess over the man.[break][break]

"Mes, I-"[break][break]

The anger is no longer his alone. Those eyes bright as a setting sun, narrowed as they fall upon Eris. And there will be no escape from their ire, not even the deepest and darkest shadows of despair.[break][break]

"I asked them to." She chokes. Like a rabbit trapped and thrown before a growing fire, she can feel both of them rage: Searing her lips, scorching her skin. "I stole the chance from you."[break][break]

For Petalburg's sake. For his sake.[break][break]

No.[break][break]

"After all you did..."[break][break]

Not only does she dare to desecrate this place with her refusal to help right this wrong. She lies, just like she does with so much more.[break][break]

"I couldn't let you fail."[break][break]

She couldn't let him die. For her sake, and hers alone.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,069 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 5:54:00 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard Slayte would meet multiple people at this monument. Ghosts from yesterday that haunted today. and looked upon him and did not recognize the man that had made their lives undeniably worse. Eddie was a soldier and had a soldier's will. Roze was simply... alone.

A tragic thing to be in a world with no friends, and where every other person was a Rocket plant who wanted to stab their foes in the back.

He met those who carried Dewford's legacy, in front of the monument that held Howard's greatest shame. It was also at that monument, in this precise moment, where he met .

"If I had failed, it would have been my failure. I would have held it as I fell to my death, and it would have been my final mark upon this world." He should have died. He wanted to keep living, but occasionally there were moments where self-annihilation called his name. A human life for Regirock? He would have accepted that bargain.

Yet that exchange had never mattered. He had never mattered.

"I could have done it. Eris, why? How could you be so blind?" He bemoaned the twisted view of a child who had been raised for war. "We could have won in that moment. If I couldn't catch Regirock, then how the fuck am I going to kill Eternatus?"

She refused to let him grow. She refused to let herself grow.

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,208 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
Emotion
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 7:13:37 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]"How the fuck are you going to kill Eternatus if you're dead?"[break][break]

He is mad at her, for denying him a chance to prove his worth. To who? Arceus? Rocket? Or is it just for the sake of his own pride?[break][break]

"If you die, who the fuck are the people supposed to hate for all that's happened?"[break][break]

But what about her? He bemoans his fate and she would be remiss to ignore it. After all, she was the one that had stopped him from pursuing his dream. His every word digs deep into her heart.[break][break]

"When you die, who the fuck has to clean up your mess?"[break][break]

And yet, standing here, she realises something. Just how much she longs to punch his face.[break][break]

"You no longer have the luxury of letting yourself die. Not after everything you've done."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]pride
[break]
NOTES

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region